Thursday, August 18, 2011

Prefatory Panic


I'm sure I've made other strips that are similar to this about how much stress I feel during the course of the semester, but it's no less true now.

I recently printed 50 copies of "Epic Tales..."#8 at a print shop (it's the first time I haven't done it all by myself, at Kinko's), in a slightly larger format; 7x8.5 (legal size, folded), with bristol covers. I'm not putting it up in the store because I need 'em to sell at various shows in the near future.
Here's a sketchcard I recently drew of Vaughn and Mark Bode's "Cobalt 60". I discovered this series in a friend's brother's collection of "Heavy Metal" magazines when I was in 7th grade (around the same time I found the original Ninja Turtle comics), and it's been stuck in my mind ever since.

And finally, here's a pic from my sketchbook of Crimson Cloak punching a Punk Rock Panda in the face... I've been working on a lot of autobio stuff recently, and I don't often get the opportunity to draw fisticuffs in those comics, so I thought I'd take a little break.

No comments: