Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Forlorn Art

I haven't been drawing very much now that my daughter is a little older, and doesn't sleep as much during the day as she once did. Once I get home from work, I have to relieve Shannon for a little while so she can get a break from the kid. Then, after dinner, we kind of trade off taking care of Kennedy, until one of us puts her to bed. By that point, the most I wanna do is watch an episode of "Buffy" on Netflix, and call it a night. It's getting harder and harder to find the time (and ambition) to draw. But, I'm sure it'll get easier, and I'll get better at managing my time.

On a similar note, you might have noticed I've gone away from the traditional 2 to 3 panel, across-the-page strips that I used to do; That's because what little cartooning I actually do is in my travel sketchbook, and I simply draw in the amount of space allotted by the page. But, I kinda like working on a different sized 'canvas' every now and then. Eventually, I'll go back to how it was before, but for now, this is how it's gonna be.

No comments: