Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Slight Exaggeration

Because I work as a glassblower, I spend the majority of my time at work filthy and haggard, in clothes that are pretty ragged.

I've been working at the shop for 5 years, and I've had quite a few hot pieces of glass shoot off while I'm heating something up, and burn a hole in whatever I'm wearing (if I stand up out of my chair quickly enough, I can usually avoid getting burned on my skin). So, I have a seperate waredrobe of really shitty looking clothes that I wear throughout the week.

Also, the tools we use are made out of graphite, so I end up with that stuff all over my hands, shirts, and pants, and its a bitch to try and wash off, so I don't try very hard.

In addition to this, I tend not to shower or shave very often since I don't have to deal with customers... and, I'm lazy.

All of this amounts to me being very grateful that I'm lucky enough to have Shannon.

No comments: